CIDA Accreditation Workshop
Sunday, March 12, 2017, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Immediately following the IDEC 2017 Conference in Chicago, IL
CALL FOR PRESENTERS: PROPOSALS DUE IN THE CIDA OFFICE ON January 20, 2017
1) Program Self-study
CIDA is seeking a presenter on the topic of:
Program self-study in preparation for a CIDA accreditation review. If your program conducted a self-study in preparation for an accreditation review that took place within the past two years, please consider sharing your wisdom and experience by submitting a presentation proposal.
Presentation proposals must address:
- How CIDA’s Professional Standards were used for self-assessment
- What assessment methods were used and which produced the best information about program quality
- Who was engaged, and how, in the analysis of self-assessment information
- What conclusions were drawn from the assessment and how the program has acted on those conclusions
- How assessment prepared the program for an accreditation review and advice to programs undertaking self-study in preparation for an accreditation review
The presentation should be approximately 50 minutes in length, including time for discussion. If your presentation is selected, you will receive an honorarium of $200. Additionally, presenters may attend all or part of the workshop free of charge.
2) Organizing a Student Work Display
CIDA is accepting presentation proposals on the following topic:
How did you organize the student work display? Programs having recently gone through the accreditation process discuss the strategies and methods used to set up an organized display of student work. CIDA is especially interested in receiving proposals from programs that found creative ways to resolve challenges related to storing and displaying student work and from programs that have displayed student work digitally. Programs are encouraged to share photos of their student work display.
The presentation should be approximately 30 minutes in length and include time for questions. If your presentation is selected, you will receive an honorarium of $150. Additionally, presenters may attend all or part of the workshop free of charge.