CIDA calls for Future Vision nominations
CIDA invites nominations for its 2014 Future Vision session being held on November 6-8, 2014. Future Vision convenes thought leaders from interior design and allied disciplines to envision the future of professional-level interior design education. The priorities established during the Future Vision session will serve as the foundation for the next generation of CIDA accreditation standards for interior design higher education programs.
Future Vision nominees should exemplify the following:
- A well informed, broad-based perspective – expertise in interior design higher education, practice, collaborative disciplines, and/or industry
- Thought leadership – ability to analyze information and identify issues and implications beyond one’s own sphere of experience and influence
- Future-orientation – ability to identify and describe future implications for the interior design profession and education based on today’s information
- Professionalism and diplomacy – openness and respect for diverse perspectives
- Collaborative spirit – works well in teams, balances one’s own view with that of others
Recommendations and contact information for nominee(s) should be submitted to Holly Mattson in the CIDA office no later than May 5, 2014: . Self-nominations should include credentials and a reference letter. CIDA will reimburse participant travel expenses.
The Council for Interior Design Accreditation is an independent, non-profit, accrediting organization responsible for setting standards and evaluating degree granting interior design programs. To find out more about the CIDA standards development project, visit https://accredit-id.org/professional-standards.
CIDA gratefully acknowledges Future Vision partners and sponsors The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and Steelcase.