Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) Workshop
March 16, 2011 at the IDEC Annual Conference
Call for Presenters: Proposals due in the CIDA office on February 15, 2011
1) Organizing a Student Work Display
CIDA is accepting presentation proposals on the following topic:
How did you organize the student work display? Programs having recently gone through the accreditation process discuss the strategies and methods used to set up an organized display of student work. CIDA is especially interested in receiving proposals from programs that found creative ways to resolve challenges related to storing and displaying student work. Programs are encouraged to share photos of their student work display.
To submit a presentation proposal, please e-mail Megan Scanlan and request the proposal form. Up to two proposals will be chosen for presentation. The presentation should be approximately 30 minutes and include time for questions.
If your presentation proposal is chosen, you will receive a $150 honorarium. Additionally, presenters may attend all or part of the workshop free of charge.
2) Self-Study Presentation
CIDA is seeking a presenter on the topic of:
Program self-study in preparation for a CIDA accreditation review. If your program conducted a self-study in preparation for an accreditation review under Professional Standards 2009, please consider sharing your wisdom and experience by submitting a presentation proposal.
Presentation proposals must address:
• How CIDA’s Professional Standards 2009 were used for self-assessment
• What assessment methods were used and which produced the best information about program quality
• Who was engaged, and how, in the analysis of self-assessment information
• What conclusions were drawn from the assessment and how the program has acted on those conclusions
• What Standards were the most difficult to address in the self-study report and why these areas were troublesome
• How assessment prepared the program for an accreditation review and advice to programs undertaking self-study in preparation for an accreditation review
To submit a presentation proposal, please e-mail and request the proposal form. One proposal will be chosen for presentation. The presentation should be approximately 50 minutes in length, including time for discussion.
If your presentation proposal is chosen, you will receive a $200 honorarium. Additionally, presenters may attend all or part of the workshop free of charge.
Megan can be contacted with questions about the workshop.
For more information contact:
Megan Scanlan, Director of Accreditation ()